As a Next Step Employer, your employees are eligible to receive unique educational benefits through our statewide partners.
Employees of a Next Step Employer qualify for discounts at several Maine institutions making it easier for them to take a course, receive new training, or make progress on degree completion.
If your organization has not yet joined the initiative, learn more about becoming a Next Step Employer. It is free to become a committed member of this important statewide initiative
Share this flyer with your employees: NSMEI-EmployeeBenefits-2018
Educational Discounts Include:
Only available to employees of Next Step Employers
- Husson University is now offering a tuition discount for all programs except pharmacy, nursing, occupational and physical therapy. The discount ranges from 5% to 15%, and includes discounts toward an MBA, as well as 10% off certificate program offerings. Please contact Amber Timms at 207.941-7148 or TimmsA@husson.edu to take advantage of this great offer. View Husson University Maine Employers Initiative Partnership Program.
- Purdue University Global offers a 15% undergraduate and a 10% graduate tuition discount on select degree programs offered at the two Maine campuses in Lewiston and Augusta. To utilize the benefit, call (207) 213-2500 to be connected with an admissions advisor and tell him/her that you are employed by a Next Step Maine Employer. Purdue University Global also offers customized trainings to meet the needs of employers. To schedule a customized training, contact Matt Cote at (207) 620-0837 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saint Joseph’s College Online offers a 15% discount to member employees plus member employees can apply for free. For details go to: www.sjcme.edu/online To take advantage of this benefit, just call 1-800-752-4723 to be connected with an admissions counselor. Make sure you tell your Admissions Counselor that you are employed by a Next Step Employer. Through the Continuing Education and Training program, Saint Joseph’s College offers customized trainings to meet the needs of employers throughout Maine. To discuss customized training, contact Stephanie Briggs at 207-893-7769 or email@example.com.
- The New England College of Business offers a 25% discount to member employees and their families. For details of the programs offered online go to necb.edu For assistance, contact Jennifer Pratt at 617-831-5620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The University of New England will waive application fees for member employees. To have your application fee waived, contact Scott Steinberg at (207) 602-2847 or email@example.com.
- Thomas College Graduate and Professional Studies Division will waive application fees, offer a 10% course discount, and provide the first course free of charge. The discount applies to part-time bachelor’s and master’s degree programs, not accelerated or full-time programs, and the “first course free” applies to eligible new students. To take advantage of the discount, students should contact Thomas by visiting thomas.edu, calling 207-859-1102, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unity College Distance Education offers a 10% discount to member employees for the first 15 credits of any online degree or certificate. For program information, please see: online.unity.edu. Requests for this discount must be made before enrolling by mentioning that you are employed by a Next Step Maine Employer. This discount will not be awarded retroactively. For questions, contact a Unity College Distance Education Concierge for more information. (207) 509-7155 | email@example.com.
- University of Maine at Presque Isle is is offering a 15% tuition discount for all programs, except the CBE subscription programs, to member employees for the first 30 credits of their degree. Requests for this discount must be made before enrolling. This discount will not be awarded retroactively. For details or assistance, contact Patricia Armstrong at 207-768-9533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- University of Maine at Fort Kent (UMFK) is offering a 50% tuition discount for the second course (3 or 4 credits) taken by an employee of a Next Step Employer. Requests for this discount must be made before enrolling in the second course. This discount is not available retroactively once you have completed the course. If you don’t happen to be in Northern Maine, don’t worry. UMFK has 9 online degree programs, 4 online certificate programs, and a whole host of distance learning and online course offerings. To take advantage of this great discount, contact Scott Voisine at 207- 834-8644 or email@example.com
- VTEC Training: Offer’s the employees of Next Step Maine Employers a 10% tuition discount on any of their Office Application and Technical Classes. This discount applies to the course cost and excludes any Citrix or VMware classes. Please go to vtec.org/schedule to select your class and enter code NSME10 in the comments section of your registration. For assistance please contact Sabrina Shelzi at 207-699-3410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.