Conduct organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Includes program analysts and management consultants.Number of Jobs in 2010: 1,462
Number of Jobs in 2020: 1,582
Yearly Job Growth Rate: 8.2
Annual Openings: 36
Entry Wage: $21.14
Median Wage: $29.10
Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree
Learn more about this job
- Gather and organize information on problems or procedures.
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Confer with personnel concerned to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures.
- Develop and implement records management program for filing, protection, and retrieval of records, and assure compliance with program.
- Review forms and reports and confer with management and users about format, distribution, and purpose, and to identify problems and improvements.
- Interview personnel and conduct on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed, and methods, equipment, and personnel used.
- Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Prepare manuals and train workers in use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy.
- Design, evaluate, recommend, and approve changes of forms and reports.
- Plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
- Recommend purchase of storage equipment and design area layout to locate equipment in space available.
Business Administration Master at Saint Josephs College Online
Business Administration Bachelor at Saint Josephs College Online
Business Administration Associate at Saint Josephs College Online
Interdisciplinary Studies/Business Administration Bachelor at Saint Josephs College Online
Indivduals currently working as Management Analysts can easily transition into any of the occupations lisated below.
- Human Resources Specialists
- Training and Development Specialists*
- Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists*
- Marketing Managers*
- Regulatory Affairs Managers*
- Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products*
- Transportation Managers*
- Training and Development Managers
* The occupation mentioned is in demand in the state of Maine, and is projected to employ new workers each year.
Occupational data obtained from the Maine Department of Labor and O*NET
Related Maine Educational Programs are determined from CIP codes entered for the programs, which are then correlated to O*NET SOC Codes for each occupation via the 2010 CIP to SOC Crosswalk.
Last updated on January 29, 2013