Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
Research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas, or gather information to determine potential sales of a product or service, or create a marketing campaign. May gather information on competitors, prices, sales, and methods of marketing and distribution.Number of Jobs in 2010: 494
Number of Jobs in 2020: 630
Yearly Job Growth Rate: 27.5
Annual Openings: 27
Entry Wage: $17.64
Median Wage: $24.73
Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree
Learn more about this job
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Seek and provide information to help companies determine their position in the marketplace.
- Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, and method of marketing and distribution.
- Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.
- Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
- Measure and assess customer and employee satisfaction.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
- Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
- Attend staff conferences to provide management with information and proposals concerning the promotion, distribution, design, and pricing of company products or services.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and marketing strategies, collaborating with marketing professionals, statisticians, pollsters, and other professionals.
- Develop and implement procedures for identifying advertising needs.
- Direct trained survey interviewers.
Indivduals currently working as Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists can easily transition into any of the occupations lisated below.
- Risk Management Specialists
- Survey Researchers
- Marketing Managers*
- Financial Analysts
- Compensation, Benefits, and Job Analysis Specialists
- Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Management Analysts*
- Public Relations Specialists*
- Regulatory Affairs Specialists*
- Advertising and Promotions Managers
* The occupation mentioned is in demand in the state of Maine, and is projected to employ new workers each year.
Occupational data obtained from the Maine Department of Labor and O*NET
Last updated on January 29, 2013