Sales Representatives, Services, All Other
All services sales representatives not listed separately.Number of Jobs in 2010: 2,115
Number of Jobs in 2020: 2,282
Yearly Job Growth Rate: 7.9
Annual Openings: 79
Entry Wage: $14.07
Median Wage: $26.06
Education Requirement: High school diploma or equivalent
Learn more about this job
- Analyze and evaluate energy supply bids to determine the best options.
- Analyze customer bills and utility rate structures to select optimal rate structures for customers.
- Answer customer questions related to energy sales procedures, energy markets, or alternative energy sources.
- Contact prospective buyers or sellers of power to arrange transactions.
- Create product packages based on assessment of customers' needs.
- Develop or deliver proposals or presentations on topics such as the purchase or sale of energy.
- Explain contracts or related documents to customers.
- Facilitate the delivery or receipt of wholesale power or retail load scheduling.
- Forecast energy supply and demand to minimize costs and maximize availability.
- Monitor energy supply contracts to ensure proper implementation and execution by suppliers.
- Monitor the flow of energy in response to changes in consumer demand.
- Negotiate prices or contracts for energy sales or purchases.
- Prepare and send requests for price quotations to all energy companies in a particular market.
- Price energy based on market conditions.
- Purchase or sell energy or energy derivatives for customers.
- Research and recommend new products or services, such as alternative energy sources or renewable energy credits.
Occupational data obtained from the Maine Department of Labor and O*NET
Last updated on January 29, 2013