Next Step Maine Scholarship
Employees of Promise
Nominate an Employee Today!
The goal of the Next Step Maine Scholarship Program is to support and recognize working adults who are going to school while managing jobs, families, and other responsibilities.
Scholarships are only available for employees of Next Step Maine Employers – committed employers who have joined our free statewide initiative to advance the educational attainment of Maine’s workforce. If you are not already a Next Step Maine Employer, join today to make your employees eligible.
2018 Scholarship Guidelines
To be considered for a Next Step Maine Scholarship, an Employer Nominator form and an Employee Nominee form must have been submitted. The employer must be a Next Step Maine Employer. For those who were not already Next Step Maine Employers, they were able to enroll in the initiative and then submit a nominator and nominee form for consideration. Learn more about joining the free statewide Next Step Maine Employers’ Initiative and becoming a Next Step Maine Employer.
These guidelines apply to all submissions. Please review before applying:
- Scholarship recipients must be nominated by their Next Step Employer through the Employer Nominator Form and must also submit a personal statement through the Employee Nominee Form.
- The nominating employer must be a Next Step Maine Employer. Applications received from non-Next Step Maine Employers will not be eligible. View current Next Step Maine Employers. If you do not appear on this list, you are not currently a member and need to join the Initiative to become a Next Step Maine Employer before nominating an employee. To join the Initiative and to become a Next Step Maine Employer you need to complete a Next Step Maine Employer Enrollment Form. Learn more here. Once you are a committed Next Step Maine Employer, you will be eligible to nominate an employee for the 2018 Next Step Maine Scholarship Fund.
- Next Step Employers may nominate more than one employee. However, a full Employer Nominator form must be completed for each employee you are nominating.
- The employee must have been on staff for a minimum of one year at the time of application. Scholarships will be considered for both part-time and full-time employees.
- The employee must be enrolled in or accepted into a bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree or a certificate program. Scholarship funds can be applied to costs related to a bachelor’s or associate’s degree, but will not be awarded for advanced degrees. We also consider scholarship applications for employees enrolled in certificate programs.
- Scholarships will be considered for past scholarship winners. You may nominate a previous winner if you choose. 2018 Employer Nominator and Employee Nominee forms are required.
- All scholarship checks will be made out directly to the educational institution in which the student is enrolled.
- Scholarship recipients must agree to be featured on the Next Step website with a video clip testimonial (www.nextstepmaine.org) or a photo and written testimonial.
- We will not grant scholarships to employees whose employers are already paying 100% tuition assistance.
The 2018 Next Step Maine Employees of Promise Scholarship Program is now accepting applications.
Employer Nominations and Employee Nominee forms will be accepted until 11 p.m., Wednesday, August 1, 2018. Scholarships will be available for students beginning in Spring semester of the 2018-2019 academic year.
2018 Scholarship Application Forms:
support the Fund
We welcome you to engage in this scholarship program as a nominator, donor, and promoter. If you are interested in contributing to the scholarship program, please click here to donate via credit card. Or to mail in your donation, please download the donation form today.